Thursday, July 2, 2009

Before, During and After



I was sorting out my things inside my room when I happen to see my review materials for the June 2009 Nursing Licensure Examination. While seeing those review materials, I can't help but reminisce those days before, during and after the exam.

Before: After I failed the December 2009 NLE, I've already conditioned myself that I will not be taking the licensure exam anymore. That I will focus my attention on my work as associate in a BPO. I've decided to expand my horizon in the new field that I am inclined to until someone came and make me want to take the June 2009 board exam. That's actually a start of our dream. Sad to say we just parted ways a day before our 6th month of being partners in love. I owe it to him why I'm back with my original plan. As preparation to the licensure exam, I decided to attend a review class since I know that I only have few knowledge left about nursing.lol. With no hesitation I went immediately to my review center of choise, CBRC ( Carl Balita Review Center ). I may say that my review days are one of the momentous part of my life. Reviewing with the people I know would held me become a better person. And I believe that our reviewers in CBRC prepared us to the so-called quiz. ( we call NLE a quiz actually, I think the reason behind that is to lessen the pressure/anxiety that we will feel until the much awaited quiz.)lol

During:

I woke up on a rainy Saturday morning of June 07, 2009. A bit nervous but feeling ready to take the quiz that will change my life forever. Confident enough? Why not because I know that aside for a fact that we are prepared by one of the BEST review center, I believe that God is with me taking the board exam. I took the exam at University of Santo Tomas. I happen to see examinees who took their review at the same review center where I attended. I smiled of them but they never cared to smiled back. I know that they are from the same review center because of the bracelet that was given by Sir Carl Balita himself. I wonder why for a while, I told myself that I need to focus on the exam. I'll think about the incident after the exam. Sunny Sunday, the last day of our quiz. The momentum was still there. I know I have to give my best shot. Because I made a promise to myself that that will be the last NLE that I will be taking because I will be a registered nurse.

After:

The days after the exam, it's proven that the anxiety is higher compare to what I have before and during the NLE. And I believe this will continue for almost 2 months. So what's keeping me busy? I tried applying for jobs and actually I am now waiting for a call for the contract signing. Need to find the job. I need to earn something the settle all my obligations before I fulfill my calling/vocation. Which is being a nurse. As what Sir Carl said: YOU DESERVE TO BE R.N




No comments:

Post a Comment